Life's Mysteries 31 years on

My grandmother died 31 years ago this month.  She was one of those people who is so much a part of me that I know she her own sequence in my DNA.  My brother-in-law found my college essay in some of my Dad’s files and sent it along recently.  In re-reading it I realized that writing has been a key part of how I express myself for a very (very) long time.  I thought I might want to edit it, tweak a few things – you know, with age comes wisdom and all that.  I realized that, no, actually, it still resonates all these years later – though it is clearly written by a young person.  It is truly the best way I can think of to honor her memory.  Below is a scan of the two-page essay.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoping for Grace

Conscientious Voting or Voting your Conscience?

Give me a break!