- He was a decorated war veteran from World War I
- He gained popular support by attacking the Treaty of Versailles and promoting Pan-Germanism, anti-Semitism, and anti-communism with charismatic oratory and propaganda.
- He denounced international capitalism and communism as being part of a Jewish conspiracy.
- His Nazi regime was responsible for the genocide of 6 million Jews and millions of other victims whom he and his followers deemed sub-human and socially undesirable.
- He was responsible for the killing of an estimated 19.3 million civilians and prisoners of war.
In May 2015 a U.S. appeals court ruled that the NSA’s spying program into people’s phone records is illegal. The NSA continued to operate the program until December 13, 2015 and kept the data until (at least) February 2016 – in absolute and direct violation of the law. (Nobody’s gone to jail and nobody’s being called to account for the breach. The administration’s justification has been “national security” and “terrorism” - arguments that failed in court and aren't supported by their own facts. Yahoo News reports: “A presidential review committee concluded the surveillance regime did not lead to a single clear counter terrorism breakthrough that could be directly attributed to the program.”